FOW List - Panzer Abteilung 500

 This end-of-the-war Flames of War list originally appeared in "Desperate Measures". At first sight, it's a bad list, with bad stats but very big tanks! Unfortunately, I probably still couldn't defeat one of my friends' armies (US Sherman Jumbos) with this. But maybe I can win against the V4 Stuart horde (though the Hellcats are very scary).




Realistically, the only "Panzer Verband" shown in the book that fits with the selection of tanks is the Westfalen, my second favorite German list in the game (not that I have played it extensively, or won with it. It's just glamour).


HQ - 2 Panthers x24

2 Panthers x24

2 Tiger Is x15

2 Tiger Is x15

2 Panthers x15

4 Panzer III N x10

Panzergrenadier Training Platoon, 4 MG stands with Panzerfausts and 4 251 half-tracks x10

Support:

Sd Kfz 250 patrol x3

Stuka flight with bombs x8













It's probably better to field the infantry Formation of the Westfalen itself, but not as many tanks make the points cut. And that might be a life-or-death situation.

The Panzer IIIs (who don't appear in the group photo because I forgot, tsk) were a very good ambush option in the old V3, because the L/M variant had 3 shots of gun while still. Now it's just a medium asset that complements the rest, but shouldn't have much punch, to be honest.

For the time being, these are the L/M model, I actually have 8 Panzer IIIs, but only 2 of the N model. Too bad, see you in the next edition. Though I can proxy them alright. Heh.





Comentarios